Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late 2011 Macbook Pro Update 10.8.

Hello, how is everybody haha.

My father came home with a new macbook pro 15 inch retina display latest to come out with the update of 10.8.5

MY macbook pro 15 inch NON-retina was released, according to "About This Mac" was released Late 2011

The software is now Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

...My mom says that the 10.8.5 software is available for my computer and that i must go to software update. However, when i click software update it only shows one update (java) is available.

Is it even possible to get the latest update on a Macbook pro that will have made 2 years since opening new (2 years old)

Two years old ON Christmas day of 2013

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 1:42 PM

You have to purchase Mountain Lion for $20 if you want to update your Macbook.

If your Macbook is fine at Lion 10.7.5 - then leave it the way it is.

Good luck

6 replies

Mar 12, 2013 1:45 PM in response to CalcioNapoli

There is no Mountain Lion 10.8.5. The latest version is 10.8.2. The version included on you father's computer will not work on yours. To upgrade your computer to Mountain Lion will require purchasing and downloading Mountain Lion from the App Store using your Apple ID and password.

As far as Lion 10.7.5 is concerned right now there are no other updates other than the Java one.

Late 2011 Macbook Pro Update 10.8.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.