Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recommendation on display for video editing and graphics

Hi. I would love to hear from graphic designers, photo editors, video editors and animators (or anyone else) regarding their views on a suitable monitor to use w/ a PowerMac G5 for editing video, working in image manipulation programs like Photoshop, 3D graphics and 2D design. I am used to working w/ CRT displays but as they are very hard to find now, I realize I will have to make the transition to a flat screen and am a little overwhelmed w/ all the choices. What I like about the CRT displays I've been using is the unlimited angle of view, the ability to handle motion without appreciable blurring, the accuracy of the color displayed and the ease on the eyes when working w/ text in a publishing application.

From what I understand, an IPS LCD backlit display is the way to go. I would be happy w/ something as small as a 20" widescreen and would like to keep within a modest price range (under $500). I don't have much experience w/ flatscreens except for a 17" MacbookPro. While that display does provide a sharp, detailed image I notice that when scrolling vertically w/ text, there's a jitter that occurs that I didn't see on my CRT. And the angle of view is rather restrictive. Is that something I will just have to accept from an LCD display? Any views or perspectives would be most welcome. Thanks.

Jack

Final Cut Pro 6, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 3:33 PM

6 replies

Mar 13, 2013 10:52 AM in response to stopmotion

If you buy online from like Amazon, you can return any item within 30 days.

I Found quite a few a these monitors on Amazon.

If you want my professional advice, the two monitors I would even consider is the 24 inch Asus at $499 and the 27 inch Dell UltraSharp for $788.

That Dell monitor looks real good for color work if you need or want a larger monitor.

The 24 inch Asus seems to be quite remarkable for color accuracy at that price.

Recommendation on display for video editing and graphics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.