Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Modem Huawei E585 not working with Lopard 10.5.6 on Power MAC G5 Late 2005 (quad verssion)

Hi Everyone,

I am new around here so hope this is the way to ask. I recently setup a fresh OS (Leopard 10.5.6) on my Power Mac (4x2.5 GHz PPC G5, 6GB DDR 2 SDRAM). I have not got the AirPort card, as its the rare bluetooth one, and I could not find one for less then 60 quid. Anyways, I plugged in (via USB) my Huawei USB 3G Wireless Broadband and it worked straight away. Then today when I turned the machine on it just does not work. It mounts but there is no internet connection. I tried adding it manually (using the '+' button in the network preferences) but no luck. I could not localise the driver. I found a folder in the Library/Modem Scripts and deleted the Huawei folder (solution found online) but that did not help. I tried to re-install the dirver but when I double-click the driver is says it is already installed. Do not no what to do. Any help welcome, please.

Thanks, Tim

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 5:26 PM

2 replies

Mar 13, 2013 3:15 AM in response to japamac

Thanks japmac,

well I tried it just now but still no luck.

japamac wrote:

Try using a different User account.

If you don't have one, setup a new user account in System Preferences/Users.

In the new User account, will the machine connect to the internet?

also in the new account I still can not install the driver: "The driver is already installed"
Would it be worth trying as a Root User?

Thanks

USB Modem Huawei E585 not working with Lopard 10.5.6 on Power MAC G5 Late 2005 (quad verssion)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.