Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 WiFi is deadly slow

Hi,

I have an iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.2) and a new iPad (third generation), and both devices are connected to my WiFi network. My AirPort Express runs firmware 7.6.3 and its wireless security is set to WPA2 Personal with radio mode 802.11n (b/g compatible).

I cannot precise when I first notice the problem. Not sure if was before the AirPort Express update or some iOS firmware update. The problem is that my iPhone 5 WiFi is deadly slow. It's virtually impossible to download an app from the AppStore or sync Rdio songs. My iPad's WiFi (and my wife's) is working as expected, though.

Things I've tried so far:

- I've changed my AirPort Express security to WEP

- I've changed my AirPort Express to 802.11n

- I've changed my AirPort Express to 802.11n 5GHz

- I've reseted the Network Settings

- I've tried to download apps using other 802.11n connection (at my parent's)

- I've tried to download apps using a "unsecure" network

- I've restored my iPhone 5 to 6.1.2 using iTunes (setting it as a new iPhone)

I have no idea what to do next...

EDIT:

- I also did some tests with the Airplane mode ON, just to make sure the iPhone was connected to and using the wifi connection to download the apps and sync Rdio songs.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 7:43 PM

1 reply

Mar 16, 2013 3:53 PM in response to OtavioCC

I have the exact same problem. iPad 3 working smooth over my airport express, iPhone 5 painfully slow that I end up using LTE most of the time. I noticed it before upgrading my phone to 6.1.2 (from 6.0.2) and my router from 7.6.1 to 7.6.3. After those upgrades, the problem is still there. I hope it's not a hardware problem as I already made 4 trips to the Apple store and had my phone replaced for a battery drain issue. I think I'll wait for 6.1.3 to come out and head to the Genius Bar (one more time) to get it fixed. Quality of iPhones seem to be going down considerably as this is my 3rd iPhone model and never had this kind of issues before.

iPhone 5 WiFi is deadly slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.