Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to change your apple id to me.com?

I have tried to do it but it tells me you can't have an apple owned domain??

Any help would be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 1:09 AM

You can't make an @me.com, @mac.com or @icloud.com address an Apple ID. The ID must be a non-Apple email address.

5 replies

Mar 13, 2013 5:15 AM in response to Airsculpture

The only people who have an @mac.com or @me.com login ID are those who were previously MobileMe subscribers and migrated to iCloud from that. Their email address was also their ID (not a good idea as it constituted a security risk).

People who were not MobileMe subscribers and who created an iCloud account from scratch logged in with an ID consisting of a non-Apple ID (as did the OP) and created an @icloud.com (in the earlier days an @me.com) address and this cannot be turned into a login.

If you have an iCloud account whose login is an @mac.com address you can also log in with the @me.com and @icloud.com versions - it's all the same thing.

Oct 9, 2015 1:46 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I guess my question is why can't I have an apple email address, i.e. a iCloud.com address? That being said, I have my apple ID as a comcast.net email, which is fine until I get a notification that I can't log into the cloud because of an email problem. Altho, I was able to log in just fine to get on this discussion board. I just got a new iPhone, not sure if migrating all the info caused this little glitch. The comcast.net email address is defunct, I can't get mail from that address, so my original concern was.......is that now just an ID or username for iCloud and has nothing to do with email? Thank you so much........

Is it possible to change your apple id to me.com?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.