Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best wireless mouse/keyboard combo for the Mac mini.

Right now I'm using a Logitech k360 keyboard/mouse combo that works great on my pc but it's horrible on my Mac mini. I'm even debating whether I should return the Mac mini because I think something may be wrong with it. Also, my Mac mini is inside of my entertainment center which has a glass door on it, could this be part of the problem?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 11:36 PM

3 replies

Mar 13, 2013 3:13 AM in response to John-Blaze

John-Blaze wrote:

.....Also, my Mac mini is inside of my entertainment center which has a glass door on it, could this be part of the problem?

This should be no issue whatsoever. I have a very similar setup

with the Mini inside and enternainment center w/glass doors.

Just make sure there is enough room to have sufficient air flow

around it.

Is yours constucted out of wood or metal?

....I'm even debating whether I should return the Mac mini because I think something may be wrong with it.

Are the keyboard mouse issues the only issue or is there

something else in addition to that?

What exatly do you mean by working horrible? Just what is

actually going on when you use them. As I see on the website

Logitech only specs Windows OSes, it could be a driver issue.

Also, if this is the new Mini, do you have external USB3.0 drives

connected to it? There have been issues with Bluetooth, however

the Logitech specs do not state that it is Bluetooth but could

still be affected.

Mar 13, 2013 12:00 PM in response to woodmeister50

My entertainment center is constructed of wood with a glass door. There's plenty of airflow around it and there's also a sizable opening in the back panel where the wires come in.

Other than the mouse and keyboard, the Mac itself seems slow but that could just be me. It's a brand new mini (base model).

When I say horrible, the cursor doesn't work half of the time and sometimes the keys on the keyboard won't work. I've read a ton of reviews by people who are using this same keyboard on mac and they claim it works fine. However, I did do some research and it seems that any USB 3.0 devices will interfere with wireless peripherals running at 2.4ghz. This could be the problem because I have an external toshiba hard drive (USB 3.0) connected to the mini. I will run some tests later and see if that's the problem. Thanks for responding, this is my first Mac ever, I appreciate the help.

What is the best wireless mouse/keyboard combo for the Mac mini.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.