Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 11 Buffer Size settings.

Hi Apple Community

- Is there any way to change the buffer size for streaming on Itunes 11???

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 2:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 3:15 PM

No.

7 replies

May 3, 2013 12:05 PM in response to Pallisgaard

First delete any files that start with 'com.apple.itunes.*' in ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/. This will clear your iTunes preferences.

Next, open Terminal.app and run each line one at a time:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes file-buffer-size 512000

defaults write com.apple.iTunes stream-buffer-size 512000

You may need to experiment with the number, but 512000 works well for me.

Disclaimer: iTunes may or may not decide to use these preferences, so it's entirely possible that it fails to read these values and they don't have any effect. With that said, I do seem to notice far fewer skips and stutters with the 'buffering stream' window popping up after having set this.

Feb 28, 2015 1:16 PM in response to Pallisgaard

I'm on iTunes 12, and changing the buffer size didn't work for me. I tried 512000 and 256000, and neither helped. It's really frustrating that all of a sudden I simply can't listen to internet radio at all (unless you count 3 seconds worth as listening). A few days ago, everything was fine. My internet's working fine otherwise, and speed test comes out the same (around 70Mbps download). Any new ideas?

Itunes 11 Buffer Size settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.