Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permissions issue

Hello,

I am trying to share a folder from a mac mini which is currently used for some services. I have enabled File Sharing and added the folder, had a quick look in Systerm Preferences to see if it has also appeared correct here. It has, as well as the permissions are all setup correctly for testing.

The issue seems to happen when I try to connect to the server from any other machine, imac, macmini, mbp and I get the message;-

"There was a problem connecting to the server "server address". You do not have permission to access this server."

However, if I enable file sharing on the client computers and try connceting to the shares via the server it works successfully... My second test was to have the firewall open for everything to see if there was some restrictions, this also seemed to have presented the above error message and finally I used a laptop within the same VLAN and the above messaged appeared again.

It all works fine if im using the server to connect outwards but I cant seem to use a client to connect to it.

Check the server logs and seems pretty vague;-

Mar 13 12:15:16 macmini.server.com AppleFileServer[489] <Info>: IP 99.99.9.99 - - "Logout localUser" 0 0 0

Checked console system log:-

Mar 13 12:28:17 macmini.server.com kdc[50]: Got a canonicalize request for a LKDC realm from local-ipc
Mar 13 12:28:17 macmini.server.com kdc[50]: Asked for LKDC, but there is none
Mar 13 12:28:17 macmini.server.com com.apple.SecurityServer[19]: Succeeded authorizing right 'system.privilege.admin' by client '/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/libexec/ServerEventAgent' [119] for authorization created by '/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/libexec/ServerEventAgent' [119] (2,0)
Mar 13 12:28:17 macmini.server.com com.apple.SecurityServer[19]: Succeeded authorizing right 'system.privilege.admin' by client '/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.apple.serverd' [66] for authorization created by '/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/libexec/ServerEventAgent' [119] (100000,0)
Mar 13 12:28:18 macmini.server.com com.apple.SecurityServer[19]: Succeeded authorizing right 'system.privilege.admin' by client '/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/libexec/ServerEventAgent' [119] for authorization created by '/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/libexec/ServerEventAgent' [119] (2,0)
Mar 13 12:28:18 macmini.server.com com.apple.SecurityServer[19]: Succeeded authorizing right 'system.privilege.admin' by client '/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.apple.serverd' [66] for authorization created by '/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/libexec/ServerEventAgent' [119] (100000,0)

Thanks in advance!

Configuration-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 2:25 PM

Check the access permissions on the server. Are you trying to connect as a user who has access? If so, are you trying to mount the share somewhere other than in the Volumes folder?

2 replies

Mar 14, 2013 2:07 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc, thanks for your response. I tried all of this previously with no luck and was looking for further testing advice but I managed to solve the issue.

I user SuperDuper! to restore the mac-hd to a separate HD, I booted into the other HD and tested it via this and it worked... I guess something wonky had gone on with the primary boot system as permissions, users and mount/volume was all correct.

Sorry for no advice or fixes

Permissions issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.