Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MLB.TV Purchased Monthly Through iTunes FYI

In past seasons I always purchased MLB.TV using the MLB website. I went with a monthly plan. This year I decided to purchase the monthly MLB.TV though iTunes with auto-renewal. What is interesting about this is that while I can view the games on Apple TV, my iPhone, and my iPad, I cannot watch the games on my computers. I would need to purchase MLB.TV using my MLB account. This was confirmed by a MLB rep. This is not a big deal for me but I thought I would pass this information along.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2017 2:32 PM

Just FYI for future visitors to this page, Step #6 (iPhone) and Step #5 (iPad) don't exist on the screen at this point. So something changed about the process. I'll post here if I get it figured out. Seems like this is a popular search result for this question, so I hope to provide a clear answer once solved.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2017 2:32 PM in response to WarEagle0509

Just FYI for future visitors to this page, Step #6 (iPhone) and Step #5 (iPad) don't exist on the screen at this point. So something changed about the process. I'll post here if I get it figured out. Seems like this is a popular search result for this question, so I hope to provide a clear answer once solved.

Apr 14, 2013 9:05 AM in response to David Bendau

I am trying to remember the sequence that i did things last night. I did the same thing with the iPhone with at bat. After soing that i went to another Apple TV and clicked on the purchased through iTunes? Restore button. After doing so it gave me an option to link to MLB.tv account. After signing in with the MLB.tv account my settings menu options are 1) Sign out 2) purchased through iTunes and 3) scores.

After I linked to MLB.tv last night I was able to login on my macBook to MLB.tv and have access. Good luck. Hopefully you get it solved.

Jun 14, 2013 7:51 PM in response to David Bendau

iPhone

1. Open your At Bat application.

2. Tap on the “…” icon.

3. Tap on the “Settings” gear in the upper right.

4. Tap on “MLB.com Account” and ensure that you are signed in with your MLB.com account. If not, please sign in with your MLB.com credentials.

5. Tap “Settings” in the upper left.

6. Tap on “Connect Purchase to MLB.com” and follow the steps.

iPad

1. Open your At Bat application.

2. Tap on the “Settings” gear icon from the nav menu.

3. Tap on "MLB.com Account" and ensure that you are signed in with your MLB.com account. If not, please sign in with your MLB.com credentials.

4. Tap "Settings" in the upper left.

5. Tap on "Connect Purchase to MLB.com" and follow the steps.

Jul 3, 2013 7:36 PM in response to Tom Haggas

Agreed. There is no reason to purchase through iTunes.

I purchaced through AppleTV and have had the same issues.(other than logging in)

Once I followed the steps in my above post, I haven't had issues logging in on any device.

But if you explain your concern to MLB.com in great detail (...you know the guys that got your $100+) they act like you are crazy.

You are right.. the process is greatly simplified if you purchase through MLB.com and then linked to your Apple device

Apr 13, 2014 6:50 PM in response to WarEagle0509

It may be simplified; however, there are many reports that it is next to impossible to cancel the "Automatic Renewal" that registration via MLB.com forces on you.

This is EXACTLY why I am trying to subscribe thru iTunes because you can opt out of Automatic Renewal via iTunes.

My simple goal is:

(1) pay one time the annual subscription fee which is currently $129,95 ... done ... NO automatic renewal or threat to force one down your throat.

(2) boy I sure wish I could figure out how to do this

BTW, the target is Apple TV

MLB.TV Purchased Monthly Through iTunes FYI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.