Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant sync icloud with Outlook 2010 after Apple deactivated my password

I used to have a 7 character password stored in Outlook 2010. Apple would no longer accept my password as it was less than 8 characters and when I changed it, despite changing the password on iCloud control pannel on my Windows 7 computer, Outlook 2010 will not accept the password change and keeps givig me a "wrong password" message. There seems to be no way to change my password within Outlook and as a result, I can not push my calender to my iPhone 5.

I have deleted iCloud control panel rebooted etc, and it will update the caleneder once but never again. I cant keep doing this as it is not a solution, just a time consuming hassle.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 7:43 AM

10 replies

Mar 13, 2013 10:27 AM in response to Csound1

I have had this problem for months. It is a calender sync issue not an email issue. I changed my me.com password with this issue arose and do not have problems with my emails since Apple changed its password requirments.

The problem is syncing my Outlook calender with my iCloud calender to transfer the information to my iPhone and iPad.

Outlook 2010 will not accept the changed password in the iCloud control panel and has for several months noted "wrong password" on the iCloud button on the toolbar.

If I delete the iCloud control panel, reinstall it etc, I can sync up my calender ONE TIME, and then it gives me the wrong password error again.

Mar 13, 2013 11:13 AM in response to Csound1

I appreciate your effort but you obviously have no idea what I am talking about. I have been using mobileme and iCloud for years to sync my outlook calender to my iPhone. This problem arose with the switch to iCloud and Apples insistence that passwords be more than 8 characters. My Mobileme password was 7 characters and after several months using it with iCloud, Apple deactivated my password since it was not in compliance with the new iCloud password requirements. Ever since then my ICLOUD CALENDER IN OUTLOOK will not sync with iCloud and as a result will not sync with my iPhone.

Again, if you dont understand this issue, please let some who does reply.

Mar 13, 2013 11:25 AM in response to PhillyWorkInjury

PhillyWorkInjury wrote:

I appreciate your effort but you obviously have no idea what I am talking about. I have been using mobileme and iCloud for years to sync my outlook calender to my iPhone.

Mobile Me and iCloud are entirely different services, iC;ouds password requirements are stricter than Mobile Me's were and were not supported by iCloud. You got lucky (as others did) that yours kept workin.

And as I "obviously have no idea what I am talking about"

I can't help you.

Cant sync icloud with Outlook 2010 after Apple deactivated my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.