Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I getting "Not Authorized" then when I sign in I get "This computer is already authorized"

Hello,

I migrated from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion on my new iMac. Why when I down load using iTunes 11.0.2 I get the following loop of windows:

User uploaded file I click Authorize

User uploaded file I enter my Apple ID and Password

User uploaded file I click OK

Then then after a couple of seconds the windows repeat again from "This computer is already authorized ..."

Please Help! Getting very frustrating! Long time Apple customer since 1985. This is the worst exsperience I have ever had with Apple products!

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Used migration assistant to 10.8.2

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 7:34 AM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2013 12:42 PM in response to E Sheard

I fix my problem with a resolution from onelove on macrumors forum who said:

"Select song or app. that's not authorized, itunes will ask for your password, enter password, click ok, and ok again. Done.".

What I had done months ago was use a different Apple ID ( i.e. email address ) for severeal of my APPS. Latter I started using my mobiel me appel id email address ....@mac.com.

So I just authorized one app using the apple id email address I used at that time and that fixed the problem for the remaining apps that were also originall authorized with the same Apple ID email address.

Why am I getting "Not Authorized" then when I sign in I get "This computer is already authorized"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.