Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Registering a second hand iphone

I just bought an iphone second hand (it is about 7 months old). I want to register it, how does one register a second hand iphone please?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 11:08 AM

6 replies

Mar 14, 2013 9:31 AM in response to wegras

Hi again Peter, The problem i am encountering is that a person who was housesitting for me went into my computer and did something and now, when i tried to register my computer, I couldn't because the apple ID shows up always tied to his email address. Then, when i synchronized my iphone with my computer, his email address comes up and prevents me buying apps or registering the phone in my name. I don't know how to wipe out this information from my computer (a Macbook) or from my G4 iphone. Untill i can do this, i can't use my iphone correctly and, as this person is (i've since found out) a convicted criminal (he is a confidence trickster), I am very worried that he could even be hacking into my computer from a distance.

Registering a second hand iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.