Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Registering a second hand iphone

I just bought an iphone second hand (it is about 7 months old). I want to register it, how does one register a second hand iphone please?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 11:08 AM

6 replies

Mar 14, 2013 9:31 AM in response to wegras

Hi again Peter, The problem i am encountering is that a person who was housesitting for me went into my computer and did something and now, when i tried to register my computer, I couldn't because the apple ID shows up always tied to his email address. Then, when i synchronized my iphone with my computer, his email address comes up and prevents me buying apps or registering the phone in my name. I don't know how to wipe out this information from my computer (a Macbook) or from my G4 iphone. Untill i can do this, i can't use my iphone correctly and, as this person is (i've since found out) a convicted criminal (he is a confidence trickster), I am very worried that he could even be hacking into my computer from a distance.

Registering a second hand iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.