Skip navigation

Import Firefox bookmarks to Safari for Windows

509 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 4:01 PM by xlr8or RSS
xlr8or Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 13, 2013 12:03 PM

I'm saving for a new Mac mini and in the meantime have installed Safari for Windows on my Windows XP SP3 machine while my bank account accumulates so I can get some experience on Apple software.

I exported my Firefox bookmarks to an html file and went through the File > Import Bookmarks routine in Safari to import my bookmarks. When in Safari, opening bookmarks from either the toolbar at the top or with the bookmarks button on the menu bar, I can only see my bookmarks that aren't in a folder. I have several hundred bookmarks that are in probably a dozen folders that do not display either in the Show All Bookmarks in the Bookmarks dropdown on the toolbar or by clicking the bookmarks button. 

When I click on the Bookmarks button or the Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks menu drop down. When I do click on the folder the unsorted bookmarks (ones that are not in folders) appear on the right side of the Safari screen in a Cover flow pattern. However, the bulk of my bookmarks are in folders by category and these are the ones that I seem to be missing. They just don't seem to be there. I've done the Import Bookmarks sequence about 4 times now and getting frustrated.

Have I done something wrong? Any suggestions on how I can see ALL of my bookmark?

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.