Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So was the "quick scrolling glitch" on the iPhone 5 ever resolved/fixed in recent iOS updates, or did everyone just forget about it?

I'm sure some of you are familiar with the "quick scrolling glitch" on the iPhone 5 [http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/11/09/iphone-5-reportedly-suffers-from-quick -scrolling-issue ]. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone can confirm if recent iOS updates like 6.1 and 6.1.2 have alleviated the issue. I have been researching online for a while now, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer, mostly because people go back and fourth claiming it's a software issue vs. a hardware issue.

Lastly, what ever happened with the "purple haze" issue? It seemed to have plagued the iPhone 5 when it was first released, but recently I haven't heard anything about it. Was that an issue caused by the sapphire crystal lense (hardware), or has recent software updates fixed that as well?

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 3:57 PM

3 replies

Jun 24, 2013 7:55 PM in response to mjd29

I'm curious about this also because I've gone through 4 replacement phones and only my latest one has this problem. It's kind of hard to recreate but you can do so by scrolling up and down in the Mail app or in Safari. Some times while continuously scrolling it'll stop and pick up again. I've restored my phone 4 times already and it is on the latest version so I don't know what to do anymore. I really want to avoid having to go to the Apple store every single day because of an iPhone 5 issue.

So was the "quick scrolling glitch" on the iPhone 5 ever resolved/fixed in recent iOS updates, or did everyone just forget about it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.