Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.4.2 failing to load pix...menus greyed out

Hello all.

I have a seven-year-old Mac Pro (2 x 2.66GHz Dual Core Intel) running OS X 10.7.5 and I've tried everything to fix this problem.

It arose when iPhoto (9.4.2) crashed as I was dragging and dropping a jpeg file into it from my desktop.

Now when I launch iPhoto it loads partially but won't load pictures and most of its menus are greyed out as below.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

To fix it I have tried the following...

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled iPhoto after downloading a new one from the App Store

2. Dump the iPhoto plist files in /private/var/db/receipts folder.. are there any more I don't know about?

3. Reinstalled the OS via recovery disk

4. Installed a NEW OS 10.7.5 on one of my drives, used that a start-up, ran iPhoto from its original location... and it WORKS.

I am reluctant to move everything to the newly-installed OS but will if necessary.. but I'm fascinated to know if is there a simpler solution to this mystery?

All help gratefully appreciated!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 4:24 PM

1 reply

iPhoto 9.4.2 failing to load pix...menus greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.