Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I re-installed by OS on my MacBook Pro, the tried upgrading to Snow Leopard

Only to receive a message saying that it cannot be installed in this computer.....WTW?, I bought that CD fair and square from the A-Store😕

Should I even bother going into Mountain Lion?

I am currently running: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a) with a Darwin 9.8.0 Kernel....

Thoughts......comments....

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 6:25 PM

2 replies

Mar 13, 2013 7:12 PM in response to Elarumbe

I had a similar issue long ago. I dont remember exactly what apple explained the issue as...but I can tell you exactly what I did.

1. Back up. I backed up my entire machine using time machine (suggest an external harddrive, but the cloud system could work (though most if not all are paid)

2. Go to an apple store

I took my comp and install disk to them and they removed the internal drive, took it to the back, and returned with the new OS installed.

(This is abit of a pain if you have a desktop)

you could presumibly bring the drive itself but I wouldnt suggest it unless you know what your doing.

Several people at my school had a similar issue, and I'm guessing its just upgrading from 10.5 ->10.6 as thats the only time Ive ever had an issue with changing OS

I re-installed by OS on my MacBook Pro, the tried upgrading to Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.