Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email scam?

I recieved an email from "survey@apple.com" and was wondering if it was real or not.

The title was "Your Recent Iphone repair service". I have an iphone but I haven't had it repaired so I'm a little confused. Has anyone else gotten this before? I didn't click on the link and just opened the email. Here it is:

Dear Apple Customer:

Apple would like to get your feedback regarding your recent iPhone service experience with your Wireless Carrier.

The responses you provide in this survey will be used to improve our support services and our products. The information will not be used for marketing purposes. For further information on how Apple treats customer information, see Apple's Customer Privacy Policy at http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy.

If you would like to participate in this web survey, simply click on the web address (URL) displayed below.

http://csat.apple.com/ssurvey/nsurvey.html?id=23EBB75

This survey should take approximately 3-5 minutes to complete. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how well we are meeting your expectations. Please complete your survey within 7 days.

Sincerely,

AppleCare Service and Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Apple values its relationship with you. If you would prefer that Apple not contact you for customer surveys in the future, please click on the web address (URL) displayed below.

http://csat.apple.com/unsubscribe/survey?id=23EBB75&e=ashnagle@****

Note: We are unable to respond to messages sent to this survey e-mail account. Please phone your Wireless Carrier or visit Apple's support website if you require further assistance.

<Email Edited By Host>

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 1:09 AM

It could well be genuine and just sent to you in error - the URLs quoted are from apple.com which is the correct domain - but examination of the long headers would show where it really came from. I should just delete it and forget about it.

Incidentally it's a really bad idea to post your email address (in the unsubscribe link) - it's an invitation to spam - and I've asked the Hosts to remove it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2013 1:09 AM in response to ashnew

It could well be genuine and just sent to you in error - the URLs quoted are from apple.com which is the correct domain - but examination of the long headers would show where it really came from. I should just delete it and forget about it.

Incidentally it's a really bad idea to post your email address (in the unsubscribe link) - it's an invitation to spam - and I've asked the Hosts to remove it.

Mar 14, 2013 8:50 AM in response to ashnew

Hi Ash,

1. The title of the email gives a clue that it was not genuine:

The title was "Your Recent Iphone repair service".

"iPhone" is correct. "Iphone" is incorrect.

I am sure that if this was a genuine survey, Apple would get that right.

2. This survey should take approximately 3-5 minutes to complete

And they get paid (by someone) for running a spurious survey to hook live email addresses.

Be happy that you did not click on the link.

Regards,

Ian.

Email scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.