Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

manually upload movie on ipod touch 4& 5

HI, recently a frined asked me to put a movie on his ipod 4. I plugged it in to my macbook pro with itunes 11.0.1...and I was able to drag a movie to his ipod without, by selecting the ipod on the itunes left column, the movie tab, and simply drag a movie from a folder onto the itunes window/ipod/movie window, without Synching his ipod to my itunes library... (as it is already Synched with another itunes library).

Now I am trying to replicate what I did, but it does not work, neither with an ipod 4, or ipod 5..

Is it ipossible to copy a movie on the ipod 5, or an ipad for that matter, without having to Sync it to my itunes library?

I was reading another post that mentionned to look into the options of the ipod preferences... but could not find "options" in the prefs of ipod, or pref of itunes/ipod tab...

any idea on how to do this?

Michel

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 1:00 AM

3 replies

Mar 14, 2013 2:44 AM in response to Michel Vézina

You can only sync to one iTunes library/computer. However, yu can manually manage music and videos among different computers/libraries.

Go to iTunes>Help>iTunes Help>Sync your iPod....>Sync You Device>Set up Syncing>Sync your device manually and follow the instructions.

Also see:

iTunes: May be unable to transfer videos to iPhone, iPad, or iPod

iTunes: Frequently asked questions about viewing and syncing videos

Mar 16, 2013 9:50 AM in response to lllaass

it worked.... but 1st I had to make sure the movie was already imported into itunes, and not only sitting on the desktop.... (it would not work that way) I simply selected the movies folder at left of itunes window, then made sure I also slelected the ipod or ipad on the left of itunes window, and then dragged any videos from "movies" folder ONTO the movies folder of the ipod/ipad...worked like a charm..

Manual upload...without the need to SYNC the ipod!

Thank you guys!

manually upload movie on ipod touch 4& 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.