Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone predictive text - how to change??

My iPhone 4S has suddenly change its predictive text for the name of the city I live in. When I type "Fayetteville", the phone suggests "Fayetteville" from the moment I type the first "T", right up until I type the final "E"... and then it suddenly changes the suggestion to "Faggotville"!!!

So far, I have caught the change every time it happened, before I sent it out... but I use this phone for business texts and email just as much as for contacting friends. I moved here a year ago, and have had this phone for the past 2 years. I have typed "Fayetteville" thousands of times on this phone, and for some reason this started yesterday.

I have never heard, used, saw, wrote, said, typed, or Googled this term in my life.

Any idea if it is a hack? My other friends with the iPhone 4S are not having the same "asuggested spelling", and it never happened before.

Is there any way to change this, so I'm not risking insulting people and clients in my business communications?

Thanks for any input.

(Disclaimer: I'm neither gay, nor anti-gay. I'm also not the type of person to use pejoratives, although some of the more creative ones can entertain me. This one doesn't seem amusing to me. My favorite insulting pejorative euphemism for this town is FayetteNam, to be frank. This is a military town, and the home of Ft Bragg, Pope Air Force Base, and most of the Special Forces in the US.)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 6:13 AM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2013 6:23 AM in response to Alan B 317

Mystery solved, apparently. I have multiple lines on my family plan. My teen changed her dictionary, and apparently it isn't limited to just her phone somehow. It has since been changed back, and no longer affecting my phone after rebooting.

(Now about the conversation to have with the young lady and her choices of friends, and vocabulary lately...)

iPhone predictive text - how to change??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.