Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have completed syncing with my Iphone and checked for all music in itunes to be synced. My music files are too large for the iphone memory so I got a message that Itunes was unable to sync with my Iphone. The problem is I can't find a way to re-configul

I have completed syncing with my Iphone and checked for all music in itunes to be synced. My music files are too large for the iphone memory so I got a message that Itunes was unable to sync with my Iphone. The problem is I can't find a way to get back to the options page in order to re-configure my syncing options to reduce the data to selected playlists instead of all music. When I unplug then replug my iphone to the computer I get the message "cannot be synced because there is not enough free space". Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 6:54 AM

Go to iTunes Preferences, Devices tab, and check "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically"

3 replies

Mar 14, 2013 8:15 AM in response to Pop1951

You need to start over with Music. On the iPhone Music screen uncheck sync music. Also, on the Summary screen uncheck "Manually manage music and videos", then sync and it should clear off your phone.

Next, choose the music you want to sync. If you want to fit more on check "Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC". This will reduce quality slightly, but it won't be noticable unless you are using $300 headphones.

I have completed syncing with my Iphone and checked for all music in itunes to be synced. My music files are too large for the iphone memory so I got a message that Itunes was unable to sync with my Iphone. The problem is I can't find a way to re-configul

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.