Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard problems, not working keys and different connection with letters

PLEASE HELP ME, The background is this: Yesterday I have done for the first time the time machine with my external hardisk, and I try to delete also all remains documents of windows from virtual machine Parallel (I delete it after trial version and I still have windows data in the mac).

(I dont know if is connected to the problem)

After this, this morning the keyboard start to work bad, some keys don't work, like ENTER or P or Volume Buttons, but the strange thing is that some other work differently, like pushing the left arrow it type "à".

I try to change Mac, in order to understand if is a software problem, but nothing, it didnt work also on different computer.

It's not a keyboard lenguage problem as you can think, I changed, lenguage, and nothing, in fact this does not explain why some keys dont work,

In the keyboard visor, I can see which key works and which not, and some like, down arrow, is perennially insert, and furthermore, up volume work as backspace.

So, a series of strange problems.

-keys that dont work

-wrong connection (key-letters)

-and keys always "ON"

I'm sure that no liquid went on the keyboard, and the keyboard is new, (less than 6 month, bought at Apple store)

Wireless keyboard-OTHER

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 7:01 AM

10 replies

Mar 24, 2013 9:51 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I did a SMC reset but if i do PRAM doesnt shows as videos on youtube, i get an UTILITY DISC SCREEN, with:

Find a solution on safari, restore backup from timemachine(did it), reistalla os Montain lion, and initialize or something else from utility disc...

I also realize that the second "cmd" on the right, disconnect immediately the keyboard(lost connection, immediately after i click the button).

And other crazy things, like, Space button works, but doesnt works in its usual function like, preview of folders...STRANGE, help me, seems to be a sw problem...

Mar 24, 2013 5:07 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Ok, I try again, and I followed perfectly the process, the "UTILITY DISC PAGE" was due to the fact that the "P" button doesnt work, therefore, it get just option+cmd+R

Oh, really this is very strange. I try this keyboard on an other mac and it didnt work (it fail the configuration process because the "ENTER KEY" doesnt work)

I try also a USB keyboard on my mac and it was all OK.

So, it seems to be a software problem of my bt keyboard, there isnt a way to reset? I'm worry about match again the bt because it will ask me to type numbers and then ENTER and if the keyboard will not be fixed, Im without keyboard... now I can use it and when I need some key that dont work, I use the virtual keyboard.

Guys, what do you suggest to do? The keyboard is in warranty but the bill is in Italy, now I'm in UK, the apple store could replace it without the bill?

Mar 29, 2013 11:49 AM in response to Eustace Mendis

I think is normal, Apple community is huge and genius are humans so they could wrong sometimes, and throgh internet the amount of unsodisfied people could seem bigger than that actually is. I think that Apple in its maniac perfectionism TRY to avoid every problem and think of every detail, I have found an incredible professionality from custumers service and I'm not talking about the knowledge of singles but the quality of infrastructure and tools that Apple bring to their staff. Night and day compared to Sony that is the best of the competitors.

Keyboard problems, not working keys and different connection with letters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.