Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the transferred purchases from an iDevice stored on the PC?

So I clicked 'Transfer Purchases' in iTunes (for my iPad) and the transfer has begun. However, where exactly is all this data going to get transferred? And will it include all the app data too? And can I transfer it back to my iPad in the future in case I restore the iPad? Please help!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 7:39 AM

"Transfer purchases" copies purchased media and apps that aren't already in your library, into the library. The content will go the normal locations, e.g. apps to <Media Folder>\Mobile Applications etc. App data gets included in the device backup. Other media not purchased from the iTunes store should already be in your library, if not seeRecover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2013 7:39 AM in response to sachnish

"Transfer purchases" copies purchased media and apps that aren't already in your library, into the library. The content will go the normal locations, e.g. apps to <Media Folder>\Mobile Applications etc. App data gets included in the device backup. Other media not purchased from the iTunes store should already be in your library, if not seeRecover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.

tt2

Where are the transferred purchases from an iDevice stored on the PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.