Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

create backup as p2 card

hi,

I got some HDV footage. My boss ask me to backup the footage as P2 card estructure (contents folder) . I don't have any idea how to do it...Does compressor do this?

please help. thx

Mark

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 9:12 AM

4 replies

Mar 14, 2013 10:03 AM in response to Mark Kragg

If you can get away with it...laugh at him. I have several bosses that I could do this with. Although, if you can't, just gently explain that it isn't possible, sorry.

First off, P2 is a Panasonic format...and either shoots DVCPRO HD or AVCintra. HDV is neither of those formats. And there is no app in FCP Studio that will do this.

You can do this with Adobe Premiere Pro... (As I found out while googling) it will convert the footage though...it will recompress to DVCPRO HD or AVCintra.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WSE32B8568-2904-4e95-861A-F09F7 5AA6C7Ba.html

create backup as p2 card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.