Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Limit Capture/Export File Segment Size To" doesn't work

I put the limit to 4000 MB before i startet capturing HD-video, but it didn't work. Several of my files are bigger than 4 GB. This is a problem since I use an online back up service that has 5 GB as the maximum file limit. Any suggestion to fix this problem is highly appreciated.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 10:54 AM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2013 11:40 AM in response to Larsipan

I believe, although I am not 100% sure, that the "Limit Capture/Export File Segment Size To" does not apply to Log and Transfer, only Log and Capture.

Since Log and Capture works with tape sources, when the limit is hit, the tape can be stopped, pre-rolled and started again to create another clip

In the case of Log and Transfer, it is ingesting and transcoding existing files; the clip lengths (and therefore size) are already determined by the source clip.

If you are working with very lengthy clips, you may want to set in and out points to divide the clips into smaller segments.

MtD

"Limit Capture/Export File Segment Size To" doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.