Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Isn't it simply possible to import a new font??

I have tried at least 10 times to sync the Geogrotesque font (we use in our company) via iTunes, but it won't work..

I bought the ipad exactly so that I could use it for sales while on the street, showing my keynote presentation on it from icloud. But keynote changes my font and screws up my presentation.

Ridicoulous that I can use Geogrotesque in keynote on my macbook, but apparently not on my ipad...

Hope for your advices. This problem is driving me mad..

BR Erland

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.2, Keynote app for ipad mini

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 9:40 AM

6 replies

Mar 14, 2013 12:10 PM in response to erlandjacobsen

No, it's fundamental to all iOS devices, for 8 years now, that users cannot add things to the system other than what you find in the app store -- not fonts or keyboards or apps from elsewhere, etc.

If you want to use a font which is not present in iOS, you would have to convert the text to a graphic or use PDF format, etc. Here is a font list

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5484

You can ask Apple to add this feature at

http://www.apple.com/feedback

The iBooks Author app has the ability to embed fonts, if that app could be used for your purpose.

Mar 3, 2014 6:25 AM in response to erlandjacobsen

For everybody who is sick and tired of not being able to use custom fonts in their documents on their iOS devices I might have a solution.

I ran into similar problems and took this as my motivation to develop "AnyFont". With this little app you are able to install all the fonts you need for your presentations on your iPhone or iPad. So when your are using Calibri in your presentation and get the error message after importing it on your iPad you can use AnyFont to install Calibri on your device which makes the error message go away and lets you use Calibri in your presentation.

Let me know how you like it!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/anyfont/id821560738?mt=8

I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.

<Edited by Host>

Aug 29, 2014 7:47 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I've been using Gurmukhi MN in my slide presentations for months. I first found it in the font menu on my iPad and it carried over without a problem to iCloud. Now it is no longer listed as a font in the iCloud font library and all my presentations are converted Helvetica (blah!!!). Why is the font no longer available when presentations are uploaded to iCloud?? In response to your answer above, it is not clear to me why it still available on iOS (e.g., iPad) and not on iCloud.

Aug 29, 2014 8:05 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I've been using Gurmukhi MN in my slide presentations for months. I first found it in the font menu on my iPad and it carried over without a problem to iCloud. Now it is no longer listed as a font in the iCloud font library and all my presentations are converted Helvetica (blah!!!). Why is the font no longer available when presentations are uploaded to iCloud?? In response to your answer above, it is not clear to me why it still available on iOS (e.g., iPad) and not on iCloud.

Also, I use image bullets and they are totally lost on the main slides but appear in the thumbnails as, it seems, so does the Gurmukhi MN typeface (it is definitely not Helvetica).

Aug 29, 2014 8:36 AM in response to ccnv

ccnv wrote:

I've been using Gurmukhi MN in my slide presentations for months.

Unless you are actually writing in Gurmukhi script (for the Punjabi language spoken in India), it's better to use something else. Gurmukhi MN is not intended to write English or any other language, and you can't predict what kind of problems will arise.

I have never seen this font in the font library for the iCloud web versions of the iWork apps. That version has no support for Indian languages yet, so all such fonts should normally be left off the menu. The iOS and OS X versions of iWork do support Indian languages and have this and a number of other fonts needed for them available.

Jan 17, 2016 3:55 AM in response to erlandjacobsen

Hi Erland,

This post is a bit late, but it may still come handy. If not for you, maybe for anyone else reading this thread. I created an iOS app called Fonteer that allows you to install fonts on your iPad / iPhone (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fonteer-install-fonts/id1065830434?mt=8. There is a free version that allows you to install up to three fonts. You can upgrade to premium for $1.99.

Best regards,

Jack Goossen

Design Luscinia

Isn't it simply possible to import a new font??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.