Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I import videos from my Sony HDR-PJ710?

I've read lots of literature that suggests importing the video files directly from the camera, but when I open the "Import from Camera" menue, the handycam isn't displayed. So basically I can't create an archive through FC, I can't simply drag and drop the .mts files into FC, I can't even acces the "PRIVATE" folder by double clicking on it in finder. I have to "Open Package Contents" to get down to the "STREAM" folder, but at that point, the path has been messed up anyways, so it's pointless as I undertand it. I just really don't want to convert every one of my video clips. FC should be capable of importing them, so I'm assuming that I'm doing something wrong. Is there a way to create a camera archive without going through FC, or somthing like that?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanky!

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 11:49 AM

1 reply

Why can't I import videos from my Sony HDR-PJ710?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.