Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8.3 mac.com / AIM messages password error!

i've just updated to 8.3, but messages now tells me my AIM / mac/me.com password is incorrect and won't let me log in. anyone else experiencing this?

iMac / iBook / iPhone, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 3:24 PM

If you use iCloud, there were some login issues earlier today.

http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

6 replies

Mar 14, 2013 3:25 PM in response to markmal

Hi,

So does that mean you are using AIM plus @mac.com and @me.com names ?

Do you mean that you have an Apple ID that was @mac.com that was then linked to iCloud that gave you the @me.com version ?

Or do you mean you had and .Mac (@mac.com name) that was paid for and then MobileMe and used both names in a linked account ?

Which name are you actually using in Messages ?

The Password still needs to be 16 characters or less when accessing the AIM server in Messages or iChat.

If you have a linked @mac.com/@me.com account then the password will be the same although you can use the Names as separate Screen Names in Messages.

I am having no issues with logging in 2 AIM registered names, an @icloud.com name, an @me.com linked to the same Apple ID and two older @mac.com names.

User uploaded file
10:25 PM Thursday; March 14, 2013

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

8.3 mac.com / AIM messages password error!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.