Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What should I do now :(

I'm transferring my data from my old Mac to a new one via migration assistant ,it takes me 2 days till now but the time stopped !! It been more than three hours now it written that the remaining time is 16 hours and 45 minutes ! I don't know what should I do now! Do I have to restart my Mac and do the transferring again or I should wait?! Does the transferring working properly now ?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 4:30 PM

7 replies

Mar 15, 2013 6:23 AM in response to Reem Raafat

If it is stuck, you will probably have to start over. But use a faster connection method. To use Ethernet, connect a cable from each computer to your Router and use:

System preferences > Network > (little gear) > Reorder Interfaces to make Ethernet on top of the list on BOTH computers.

----

To use FireWire (recommended), hold down the T key on the source (old) computer as it starts up. It will put a FireWire screensaver up on the screen. The entire computer is now a temporary FireWire Drive. Plug the cable into the new computer and the drive should mount on the desktop. Start Migration Assistant.

Setting-up a new Mac from an old one, its backups, or a PC

What should I do now :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.