Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multi-suggestions/questions/problem: (1)garageBand: working with cycle regions; (2) ToS note; (3) apple user accounts

(1) GarageBand: "Working with Cycle Regions"

Preamble: Cycle regions are very nice. Thank you for recycling the concept. That'd probably be great (unless you argue it'd be 'enabling') to include libraries of scripts that work with cycle regions ('such as' note 1). Thank you for cycle regions in GarageBand.

"'such as' note 1" if C[i] is a cycle region, C[1] is the first take, C[2] the second take...

The ability to select/program different values of i for C[i] emplacements from a controller box, that could accomodate basic scripts that select i values from libraries, or generate them by simple formulas, or generate them by taking values from an "input text document" that could be easy output from basic custom software.

Issue: Basic improvements to cycle region management. Currently, if I want to know what music is in C[i], I have to set the i value from a drop down menu by clicking on the region. If I want to search for that passage, I have to maximially do that n many times (n = the number of cycles per cycle region). One faster way to search would be to allow pasting of sequential +1 iteration-wise cuts from that cycle region, and fast forwarding through that, or whatever. Another way, is that while recording, some visual notification could be present, telling me which take # is being recorded. (Maybe die-hard musicians used to counting don't worry about it.)

(2) Terms of Service Issue

An "email Terms of Service" button would be nice.

Also, a "readers digest" cliff notes version of practical center points would be nice. Such could come with disclaimers that the notes don't necessarily reflect views of apple, although could be popularized "3rd party watchdog sides" that rate applicability of such disclaimers.

(3) Apple User Account

Some third party algorithm generated this user name. I never wrote that in myself. What is that about? Is my account security in some crisis?

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 8:29 PM

There are no replies.

multi-suggestions/questions/problem: (1)garageBand: working with cycle regions; (2) ToS note; (3) apple user accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.