Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPod Touch so slow on Verizon midi 4620L?

I just got a Verizon mifi 4620L Jetpack hotspot thingy.

I connect my MacBook Pro to it and get 17mbps or so download speeds, 3mbps or so going up.

I connect my 3rd gen iPad to it and get about the same.

But when I connect my 5th gen iPod Touch to it I rarely get download speed peaks higher than 2mbps and most of the time the avg comes out to be less than 1mbps according to the Speedtest.net app on the iOS devices.

So, the iPad and MacBook Pro both work properly on the Verizon mifi hotspot and the iPod Touch doesn't. On all other networks I've tried the iPod Touch can support download speeds up to about 25mbps maybe even more. All these devices currently perform the same at home on the Comcast fed wifi network: very fast download speeds on them all with modest upload speeds. So I know there's nothing wrong with the iPod's wifi radios. There's just something quirky going on in how the iPod Touch and the Verizon mifi thing talk to one another because another thing that's strange: the iPod will download around 1mbps but then go up at about 10-12mbps. The exact opposite of what I would like except for those rare times I would actally like to send out a lot of photos quickly.

Does anyone know what might cause this?

Also, when I look at the connected devices as an admin the iPad's device name is recognized and listed but the iPod Touch remains named Unknown. Does this matter?

I'm frustrated because the iPod Touch is what I would most like to use with the mifi!

Any body come across this situation?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 9:05 PM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2013 1:51 AM in response to Drew Lutes

Does the iPod connect to other networks OK?

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on the jetpack

- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Why is my iPod Touch so slow on Verizon midi 4620L?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.