Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to a iphone hotspot LAN with 3G abilities?

Hi,

I am wish to configure an iPhone 3G as a Modem and Router/Switch/Hub for my personal LAN and Internet conection.

NOTE: thie problem may exist due to insecurities of transmission from my device and Apple Inc. iOs servers. See Referenced pics below.

User uploaded file

Devices:

- Custom bulit PC with Windows 7 (usb tether*/Ethernet/no Wi-Fi)

- iPhone 3G (usb tether*/Wi-Fi/BlueTOOTH)

- Mac-Air with iOS Mountain Lion (Wi-Fi/BlueTOOTH)

- Apple 1080p TV (Ethernet/Wi-Fi)

- DVR (Ethernet/Wi-Fi)

* usb tether devices pair

- Currently I have tethered the iPhone with the usb connection, as to maintain power and lack of Wi-Fi hardware in my PC.

- Enabled HOTSPOT on the iPhone and established a Internet connection.

- However when trying to connect the Mac-Air to the HOTSPOT, via Wi-Fi or BlueTOOTH, it FAILS to establish connection while the iPhone is tethered to the PC.

- Individualy The Mac-Air can connecto the the iPhone HOTSPOT via tether, Wi-Fi or BlueTOOTH. And individualy the PC can connect to the iPhone HOTSPOT via tehtering. Both PC and Mac establish network and internet connection.

My questions:

- Is the iPhone iOS compiled with router/switch/hub drivers and code to multiplex multiple ports, such as usb tether, Wi-Fi and or BlueTOOTH, so that I may create LAN configuration with Wi-Fi and usb tethering, that connects via 3G to the internet, for multiple devices?

- If so, how? note this may be a couroupt iOs problem, in which case how do i creat an image of my iOS for bit comparsion with a legit iOS?

- If no, why not?

Beej

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), encryption hard disk locked

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 9:30 PM

There are no replies.

how to a iphone hotspot LAN with 3G abilities?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.