Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to create an iPhone HOTSPOT LAN?

Hi,

Simple question first.

Is this attatched image a result of Apple Inc.'s lack of data transmission security,and the reason why my iPhone can't create a HOTSPOT LAN due to coroupt iOS?

User uploaded file

Beej

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), encryption hard disk locked

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 9:34 PM

10 replies

Mar 17, 2013 4:20 PM in response to KC7GNM

um yeah, about that.

My computer is set up downstiars behind very very thick walls and recption goes flucuates.

At the time I try to setup a HOTSPOT I had a machine connected to the internet via usb tethering.

But the next day I had the NOT TRUSTED message there was not service signal.

So replys with the assumption that the 3G cell service is working would be greatly valued.

Cheers.

Mar 17, 2013 4:38 PM in response to RajaRani

Ok this is the suation as I don't have a boolean answer for the above option 😟

When I run the usb tether to the iPhone setdown by the window i get constant signal.

Devices:

0 - iPhone 4 (usb* / Wi-Fi / BllueTOOTH)

1 - Custom Built PC with Widows 7 & iTunes (usb* / ethernet)

2 - Mac-Air iOS Mountain Lion (usb* / Wi-Fi / BlueTOOTH)

3 - 1080p Apple TV (Wi-Fi / ethernet)

4 - HP printer/scanner (Wi-Fi / ethernet)

* usb tether

I can connect the iPhone 4 to the PC with usb tethering and connect to the internet via HOTSPOT.

I can connect the iPhone 4 to the Mac-Air with usb tethering or BlueTOOTH or Wi-Fi and connect to the internet via HOTSPOT.

However when I try to connect multiple devices to the HOTSPOT i get NO JOY.

I have been lead to understand that the HOTSPOT supports multiple devices connected, and am wondering if this is limited to one form of connection type (usb / Wi-Fi / BlueTOOTH) or if i can connect to multiple HOTSPOT ports via diffrent connection types and something is going wrong with my process.

I tryed to connec the PC with usb tethering and was succesful, but when trying to connect the AIR over Wi-Fi the HOTSPOT crashed....

Please suggest some options.

I do suspect that someone has cracked my iOS on my phone tho which may be the cause for this problem. but wish to make sure I am following the correct procedure.

Mar 17, 2013 6:56 PM in response to TehgRa

TehgRa wrote:

However when I try to connect multiple devices to the HOTSPOT i get NO JOY.

I have been lead to understand that the HOTSPOT supports multiple devices connected, and am wondering if this is limited to one form of connection type (usb / Wi-Fi / BlueTOOTH) or if i can connect to multiple HOTSPOT ports via diffrent connection types and something is going wrong with my process.

Please go through

See: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2756^^

you will find that Personal Hotspot is limited to one form of connection. Multiple devices are not supported.

Unique solution to a Boundary Value Problem. 🙂

Mar 18, 2013 5:24 AM in response to RajaRani

RajaRani wrote:

Please go through

See: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2756^^

you will find that Personal Hotspot is limited to one form of connection. Multiple devices are not supported.

Unique solution to a Boundary Value Problem. 🙂

Actually, that's not what it says. It says that the number of connections can be limited by the carrier, and may be no more than 3 at one time.

Mar 18, 2013 5:54 AM in response to RajaRani

Expand "WiFi troubleshooting"

Wi-Fi troubleshooting

If you encounter an issue using Personal Hotspot with other Wi-Fi devices, try the following:

1. Turn Personal Hotspot off.
  2. Verify Wi-Fi is on in Settings > Wi-Fi.
  3. Turn Personal Hotspot back on.
  4. If another device is unable to join your Wi-Fi network, ensure that the user enters the Wi-Fi password correctly. If the device cannot see your Wi-Fi network, verify your device name.
    Note: Windows may not properly display a device name that uses non-ASCII characters.
  5. Verify how many devices are currently using your Personal Hotspot. Depending on your wireless carrier and, the maximum number of Wi-Fi connections may be limited to three at one time.
  6. If the other device still cannot connect, try turning Wi-Fi off and on again on the device. Verify that your device can see other Wi-Fi networks.

how to create an iPhone HOTSPOT LAN?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.