Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi! Can ANYONE tell me where I can find Snow Leopard os x10.5? I need it to upgrade my iBook?

I have been searching all over the place for a disc or link or SOMETHING that can update my os x10.4.11 to 10.5, but I am not having ANY luck! Can someone....ANYONE PLEASE help me?! Thank you!

iBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 12:25 AM

4 replies

Mar 15, 2013 1:29 AM in response to ChavieBoots

Before buying anything you should first make sure your machine will accept the upgrade you have in mind.

Minimum specs for Snow Leopard. Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard -Read the Technical Specifications

From the USA go to http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

In Europe or otherwise substitute your national code in place of /us above.

In the UK … the last known price was £14.

Before you start upgrading, back up your files.

Once you have upgraded to Snow Leopard you will need to apply the Combo updater. Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 and follow with a software update to pick up any later security updates.

Mar 15, 2013 3:33 AM in response to ChavieBoots

ChavieBoots wrote:

Thank you for the information Seventy one, I really do appreciate it, BUT I can not upgrade anything until I can find an upgrade to OS X 10.5 from my current OS X 10.4.11 :-/

You can go to Snow Leopard directly from Tiger, you don't need Leopard first.

Unless Leopard and not Snow Leopard is what you actually want! 🙂

Hi! Can ANYONE tell me where I can find Snow Leopard os x10.5? I need it to upgrade my iBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.