Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard short cuts for Pages

I have sucessfully created a shortcut for Mail (Apple>System Prefereces>Keyboard>Keyboard Shortcuts) , but when I use the same process to create the same short cut for Pages, Pages is not listed as an application choice in the long list of application choices.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, MacBook Air, IPad v1, Apple TV v2

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 10:16 AM

It is possible to add keyboard shortcuts for Pages & Numbers. However, I'm guessing that, like me, you have iWork installed from the retail box & the iWork apps are in the iWork '09 folder in Applications (where they belong). The problem is that the keyboard shortcuts menu doesn't look inside folders in the Applications folder. You need to scroll down to the very bottom of the applications list & choose "Other" & then navigate to the iWork '09 folder.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2013 10:16 AM in response to jimhaynes

It is possible to add keyboard shortcuts for Pages & Numbers. However, I'm guessing that, like me, you have iWork installed from the retail box & the iWork apps are in the iWork '09 folder in Applications (where they belong). The problem is that the keyboard shortcuts menu doesn't look inside folders in the Applications folder. You need to scroll down to the very bottom of the applications list & choose "Other" & then navigate to the iWork '09 folder.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Keyboard short cuts for Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.