Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Download' widget - how do I get rid of it?

I stupidly downloaded this 'widget' which claimed to be able to download files for me, but I really need to get it OFF my computer now, as it just pops up everywhere - and NEVER where there is any file / video etc to download! It does NOT appear when I'm on Youtube - where there may in fact be things I would like to download! Eg. it is sitting there now in front of this message (see screenshot); it pops up in all my email messages; obscuring things I need to use. I hate it; but I cannot find it anywhere in the 'widgets' or 'library' folder - where else should I look?User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 12:22 PM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2013 2:26 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you; I also found this via Google, but sadly it doesn't help as this 'thing' is not in my widgets... I called it a 'widget' as I don't know what else it is, but it's not in that list - it's like a parasite that appears on every page, every e-mail; stuck to the menu bar, covering up things I want to use, but it's totally useless...

'Download' widget - how do I get rid of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.