Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod shuffle 2nd generation not working??

Recently I have not been able to add my podcasts to my ipod? After i downloaded the latest itunes my ipod shuffle won't work? Any suggestions?? This is the first problem I've had since I got it?

Thanks

iPod shuffle

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 2:16 PM

When you say, "my ipod shuffle won't work," what does not mean exactly? It no longer syncs? It no longer shows up in iTunes at all?

If it still does appear in iTunes when connected, you may want to try doing a Restore in iTunes on the shuffle. The command is on the shuffle's Settings tab, in iTunes when you select the shuffle. This will erase the shuffle, reinstall its software, and set it to default settings.

NOTE: With the latest iTunes, the "sidebar" where iPods are shown is not displayed by default. You can show it by going the View menu (in the Menu Bar) and selecting Show Sidebar.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2013 2:16 PM in response to FSrch

When you say, "my ipod shuffle won't work," what does not mean exactly? It no longer syncs? It no longer shows up in iTunes at all?

If it still does appear in iTunes when connected, you may want to try doing a Restore in iTunes on the shuffle. The command is on the shuffle's Settings tab, in iTunes when you select the shuffle. This will erase the shuffle, reinstall its software, and set it to default settings.

NOTE: With the latest iTunes, the "sidebar" where iPods are shown is not displayed by default. You can show it by going the View menu (in the Menu Bar) and selecting Show Sidebar.

ipod shuffle 2nd generation not working??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.