Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After 10.8.3 update issues that I need to repair library, does any one know what to do?

Hello, I am getting a window only on my network user account that says Mac OS X needs to repair library to run application, it glocks up app store, reminders, contacs, note pad, etc, can anyone help, thnks in advance

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 2:22 PM

11 replies

Mar 16, 2013 7:16 AM in response to Mike Struck

This just worked for me:

Fixed it! Seems to be a permissioning problem in the Library folder. This is what I did

Open Finder
Go -> Go to Folder -> ~/Library

Get Info on the Library folder

Set the permissions as follows:

<username>(Me): Read & Write
everyone: No Access

You should have just these two. If there are any other account or group names remove them.

Click on the little gear and select 'Apply to enclosed items...'

It will take a while to go through the entire library and change the permissions. After that everything worked properly, for me at least.

Mar 18, 2013 8:35 AM in response to Hector Castillo

I have the same error and did reply to "Repair Library Popup" which is another thread on the same problem. I have an imac and after installing the latest update from apple this problem popped up. As mentioned in other thread I have reset password, reset ucl, did the disk utility, removed a couple programs and also followed the above suggestions and still have the problem. Any other suggestions appreciated or an update from apple would be great. thks for reading

Mac OS X needs to repair your library to run applications. Type your password to allow this.

Cancel or Repair.

If you hit cancel it's back in couple seconds and if you hit Repair it will come back in a minute.

Mar 24, 2013 6:04 AM in response to GianMarco Tavazzani

GianMarco Tavazzani, I clicked by mistake the tab that said this solved my question, i am sorry, what apple recomended me on doing is creating a brand new user account and we will be moving files next week in a way they say that will not affect permissions on those files anymore incase some of them were causing the issue, there are defenetly a lot of wrong permission in my old user account files, my new user works just fine now, my set up is a mac mini server and 2 iMacs as clients, I used to pay for consultants to take care of my issues, I decided kind of late about stopping using consultants, seems like they were doing in it on purpouse to fix one thing and a few more things broke up, now everitme there is a issue that I cannot solve I contact Apple enterprise level, they been very helpful, things have been running much more better since then and a lot cheaper than using consultants, I can assure you that this issue is part of the issues that consultants did to my user account. I hope this help, let me know if you need more info as far as transfering files in a safe way, they will show me next week how to do this.

After 10.8.3 update issues that I need to repair library, does any one know what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.