Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not loading shared library file until restarting iTunes

Hi,

Im having a problem with my apple tv loading home videos from a windows 8 x64 pc. The apple TV plays one video then wont play another one until i close and restart itunes. I just get the loading circle going around and around.

I have an Apple TV 3 with latest firmware loading from a shared library on a desktop PC with Windows 8 x64. The problem has to be with homesharing on iTunes on the Windows 8 x64 machine as I have exhausted all other options and various configurations on network, hardware and a different windows 8 x64 machines and a laptop and two different routers. I am using a Dlink wireless N750 router 5ghz channel but have also tried a belkin wireless g router and get same issues. I tried disabling the windows firewall on the PC and laptop. The only common element is iTunes has to be closed and re-opened for the next video to play. Then after that video is finished, i get the same issue. When i try to play another video I just get the loading circle going around and around until i go to the PC and close iTunes and re-open it.

Any other sugestions?

Thankyou

Apple TV, Windows 7, windows 8, iphone 5, ipad 3

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 2:40 PM

5 replies

Mar 17, 2013 1:37 AM in response to scienceboy

Hi I suffered with the same problem for months and I just figured out what fixed it. my router had dual bandwiths. between songs the router would go from one bandwith to the next which killed apple tv streaming of my content. so it would work for 5 minutes of different content then the router would switch and it would die. so I disabled the lower 2.5 mhz bandwith so effectivley only one bandwith was opperating and It worked like the dream it was intended to.

itunes should not have to restart for a new video to play. I looked up the spec on your router and it is dual bandwith. not clear on your post if you already isolated one bandwith or not. give it a try

Designed to handle today's demanding tasks, the D-Link DIR-835 is made for online gaming, streaming HD video, and anything else that requires a little more room in your tubes. It features simultaneous dual band - 2.4GHz and 5GHz - perfect for high bandwidth applications.

Apple TV not loading shared library file until restarting iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.