Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes library is gone.

I was using itunes. I closed itunes to use less RAM and what not while I was doing other stuff. I reopened itunes once I was done, and my itunes library was gone. All songsa are gone, all apps are gone, all videos are gone, everything has been removed.

The only thing that still shows up are things I've purchased from iTunes, but I have to redownload it all, it just shows that I can download it from the cloud.

I had music from CDs, iTunes, and stuff I'd gotten from friends and had on my harddrive. Now it's all gone. Not from my computer, just my library.

I'm not sure where to find apps on my harddrive, and I don't think iTunes has a function to re-add them like it can with music, so I'll probably have to download all those again.

I didn't really have any videos except 3 from iTunes and a live concert video I have on DVD.

Basically, why did this happen? Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I have to add and download everything again?

All contributions are appreciated.

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7, I had over 3000 songs.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 5:40 PM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2013 10:32 PM in response to Connor the Angry Giant

Empty/corrupt library after upgrade/crash

Hopefully it's not been too long since you last upgraded iTunes, in fact if you get an empty/incomplete library immediately after upgrading then with the following steps you shouldn't lose a thing or need to do any further housekeeping. Note that in iTunes 11 an "empty" library may show your past purchases with links to stream or download them.

In the Previous iTunes Libraries folder should be a number of dated iTunes Library files. Take the most recent of these and copy it into the iTunes folder. Rename iTunes Library.itl as iTunes Library (Corrupt).itl and then rename the restored file as iTunes Library.itl. Start iTunes. Should all be good, bar any recent additions to or deletions from your library.

User uploaded file

See iTunes Folder Watch for a tool to catch up with any changes since the backup file was created.

When you get it all working make a backup!

Should you be in the unfortunate position where you are no longer able to access your original library, or a backup of it, then see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.

Would you mind telling me which anti-virus package you use? It may be that it is disturbing iTunes when it tries to write out the fresh database, as it does after almost any activity with your library. I'm noticing more of this type of problem than usual and trying to see if there is any pattern. It may help to prevent a repeat of the problem if you look at the advanced options for your AV package and see if you can find a way to exclude the iTunes folder from any real-time scanning process.

tt2

Itunes library is gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.