Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview doesn't forger pictures

I downloaded a bunch of pictures from SmugMug. They were in the Download folder. I opened a few of them while they were in the download folder, double click on each and each came up in Preview. Then, I closed Preview, opened Download and clicked Cmd-A to select all. I opened iPhoto and dragged them into iPhoto. They look fine there and behave normally. Now, however, whenever Preview is opened, all those pics now located (100 of them!) in iPhoto open. How do I stop it? Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 250G, 500G, 1T Ext HDs; CS 5

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 3:13 PM

The first thing I would try is going to System Preferences (on dock, or under the Apple logo in the Menu Bar), clicking "General", and checking "Close windows when quitting an application".

3 replies

Mar 15, 2013 3:14 PM in response to Dr. Dave

This is standard behavior on OS X as of 10.7. It affects most applications on OS X. You have two options:

1) If you don't want this ever happening for any application, go to System Preferences->General and check "Close windows when quitting an application."

2) To solve this issue with preview, hold down the OPTION key when you quit. So option and then use the menu item, or use option-command-Q. The next time you open Preview you'll have no opened documents.

Note that option-comman-Q is a toggle: It will do the opposite of what you have system preferences configured to do (in step 1).

Preview doesn't forger pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.