Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Anyone Know where to get old apple computers??

I would like to have a old apple computer so I can use it and see how it worked so please tell me where to buy them tnankyou~ 🙂

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 5:49 PM

7 replies

Mar 16, 2013 8:38 AM in response to Chocopenguin25

"Where to get" questions are hard to effectively answer without knowing about where you are.

Understand that by looking in general for "old," you might force yourself into the pre-2006 models that in little way show you what a modern Mac can do. Their processor type is now unsupported and even finding a browser can sometimes be a challenge. Almost no new software you can buy is still set up for pre-2006 Macs.

Look for a used Mac with an Intel processor is you want an idea of what Macs can do today.

TIP: Never buy a used Mac unless the seller gives you the original gray system install/restore disks. If you don't insist, you will be looking at non-trivial expenses later to get repalcements.

Mar 17, 2013 7:50 PM in response to Allan Jones

Mine are still alive and working. I seldom use them. One has files that I need from time to time. Computers that had CD in the name as that was cutting edge at the time. Do you remember the old Performa line? Lifetime phone support. I don't think I would have ever learned without all the coaching form the support line. People answered on the second ring in the early morning hours. One morning the greeting was "hello susan".

Jul 15, 2013 7:10 PM in response to Chocopenguin25

Wherever you live, check out your local donations place, here, it would be Goodwill, the Salvation Army store, Bridge house, There must be a place near you, in England, it would be, I'm sorry, apparently that info has been deleted from my brain, oh, yes, Oxfam! I knew it should still be in there. The people often donate their old computers to places for resale. I know, I've passed up very old Macs here sitting on trashpiles. Then, I regretted it when one recently sold for thousands of dollars!

Does Anyone Know where to get old apple computers??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.