Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen goes black when I turn on my MacBook Air.

Screen goes black when I turn on my MacBook Air. I can't even go into the save mode. It happens a lot and it's just a matter of luck to turn it on now.

I know it's working only except the screen because I can hear the noise and the caps lock can go on and off.

I had done the Hardware Check twice, with/without power cable. When without the power cable, there was an error which I forgot the no. for; when with the power connected there was no problem at all. But this black screen issue appears even when I turn it on with the power connected.

Any fix for it? Thank you so much!

MacBook Air (13-inch Late 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:56 PM

4 replies

Mar 16, 2013 3:45 AM in response to jasminecy

although your MBA is not very old, it can be that your battery is not good anymore and then there is the possilbilty that it "bloats" and presses on some contact. In Applications/Utilities start the SystemInformation app. in the elft column click "power": what says the "battery leath information"?

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 24

Condition: Normal

Screen goes black when I turn on my MacBook Air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.