Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a powerbook g4 and the volume icon is not showing on tool bar, also when i go to sysytem Preferesnce/sound i see the mute is ticked and i cant untick it ...help

I have an old Powerbook G4 the Volume icon has gone from the Toolbar also when i go to System Preferences /Sound i can not "un tick ' the mute button

please can anyone help!!!! thanks

PowerBook

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 7:47 PM

4 replies

Mar 16, 2013 12:23 PM in response to sarah JM

Hello,

To place the volume control back in the menu bar, click on system preferences, then sound and then click the 'Show volume in menu bar' If that's already active but your can't adjust the volume as your not getting any sound, do the following;

Reset the PMU: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1431?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

For later PowerBook, shut down, remove battery and power adapter. Hold down the power button for 5 seconds. Place the battery back in and plug in the PowerBook. Restart. (This is how I fixed my sound problem on my PowerBook G4 17")

Best of luck.

i have a powerbook g4 and the volume icon is not showing on tool bar, also when i go to sysytem Preferesnce/sound i see the mute is ticked and i cant untick it ...help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.