Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will "endabling disc use" and then syncing my iPod make me lose the songs on the device but not in iTunes?

Hello.

I am having difficulties with my iPod and my new computer (Windows 8). My laptop won't read the iPod (it disappears from the "File Explorer" after just a few seconds). I was told to save all my files to SharePod first. However, when I do this, it tells me I need to go to iTunes and "Enable Disc Use" on my iPod. When I went to do this, it began syncing my iPod, but I got worried that it would erase any songs I did not have on iTunes or did not purchase from iTunes (many songs were purchased from Amazon).

Will syncing my iPod on my new laptop in an empty iTunes make me lose all my songs on my iPod?

Thanks!

iPod classic, Other OS, Windows 8

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 10:04 PM

There are no replies.

Will "endabling disc use" and then syncing my iPod make me lose the songs on the device but not in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.