Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Studio Pro- DVD won't burn, will only format

Hello,

I'm trying to burn a DVD with DVD Studio Pro, eveyrthing works great in simulator. I exported from FCP to Compressor and used the Best Settings 90 min for compression (my video is 23 min). When I click burn it goes through the steps but after it goes to formating it says formatting complete and ejects the DVD, the log says this.... I specifially noticed this line "Note: The file ‘.DS_Store’ found in the ‘build’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.

Note: The file ‘THE_NEW_OMNIPOD_SYSTEM_DVD.layout’ found in the ‘HVDVD_TS’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.

Note: The file ‘VOB_DATA.LAY’ found in the ‘HVDVD_TS’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.

Start formatting"

Any idea why that is happening? I've tried just using build and putting the HVDVD_TS folder onto my desktop and then putting it from my desktop onto a DVD and buring that, but that didnt work either.

Starting DVD Build THE_NEW_OMNIPOD_SYSTEM_DVD...

Compiler Initializing...

Precompiling Project THE_NEW_OMNIPOD_SYSTEM_DVD

Compiling VMG Information...

Created 16 PGCs in VTSM1

Created 5 PGCs in VTSM2

Created 8 PGCs in VMG.

2 Menu(s) will be created...

Compiling Menu PGCs...

Compiling Menu#1 (Home)...

Rendering Menu:Home,Language:1...

Compiling Menu#2 (Menu 2)...

Rendering Menu:Menu 2,Language:1...

Generating Transition: VTSM #01, VOB #2...

Generating Transition: VTSM #01, VOB #4...

Generating Transition: VTSM #01, VOB #5...

Generating Transition: VTSM #01, VOB #6...

Generating Transition: VTSM #01, VOB #7...

Generating Transition: VTSM #01, VOB #8...

Writing HV000M02.EVO

Compiling Menu PGCs...

Writing HV002M01.EVO

2 VTSs and 2 Titles will be created...

Writing HV001T01.EVO

Compiling VTS#2 (Sequence 1-MPEG-2 6.2Mbps 2-pass)...

Writing HV002M01.EVO

Muxing HV002T01.EVO

Done.

Linking VMG...

Linking VTS#1...

Linking VTS#2...

Writing VTS#1...

Writing VTS#2...

Writing VMG...

Writing Layout Info...

Compile Completed Successfully

Note: The file ‘.DS_Store’ found in the ‘build’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.

Note: The file ‘THE_NEW_OMNIPOD_SYSTEM_DVD.layout’ found in the ‘HVDVD_TS’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.

Note: The file ‘VOB_DATA.LAY’ found in the ‘HVDVD_TS’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.

Start formatting

Formatting as Standard DVD

Simulation mode is off

Lossless linking is on

Number of layers is 1

Doing side 1 of 1

Playable in region 1,2,3,4,5,6,8

Disc size is 12 cm

Disc has no copyright material

Writing UDF 2.50 structures

Writing files

Writing final UDF information

Formatting finished.

Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 12:04 AM

Nevermind I figured it out, I was trying to do it as a HD dvd, thinking that meant 1920x1080 not blueray, it worked as a SD

1 reply

DVD Studio Pro- DVD won't burn, will only format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.