Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth issue iPhone4

Hi there, I have an iPhone4 running IOS6.1.2. I can pair it with my Novero The FirstOne bt headset but not with my Macbook Pro a (mid2010) running 10.7.5

or my iPad2 also running IOS6.1.2. The Mbp sees the iPhone but can't establish a stable connection. The iPhone doesn't see the Mbp at all nor the iPad2. The iPad2 connects to the Mbp without problems. I've switched bt on and off several times on the iPhone4 and also a reboot. How can I fix this?

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 2:02 AM

11 replies

Mar 16, 2013 2:29 AM in response to dU2mDUifydkRa0E9ic5A

I need it for using the iPhone as remote control for Keynote presentations. It once worked when the phone was on IOS5.x. I'm now testing with the iPad. It will pair with the Mbp but not with Keynote '09. In the Keynote prefs the iPad is not showing up nor is the iPhone. And on the Keynote remote app the Mbp is seen but can't make a connection.

Mar 16, 2013 3:02 AM in response to dU2mDUifydkRa0E9ic5A

@wjosten: no additional useful info there. Both machines have bt ON. iPhone doesn't see Mbp nor iPad with bt ON. Mbp sees both iphone and iPad. iPad doesn't see iPhone.

@snozdop: yes you can. Follow wjostens link.

I found a related discussion proving there's more going on: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3379552?start=0&tstart=0

Any other ideas?

Bluetooth issue iPhone4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.