Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can we create apple id without credit card?

How to create an apple id without credit card?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 2:19 AM

8 replies

Mar 16, 2013 2:29 AM in response to mariapaulinelab

There are instructions on this page for how to create a new account without giving a credit card number : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534 e.g. select a free app in the store and click on 'create Apple id' when 'buying' it - if you are doing it on your iPhone an you are currently logged into an account on it then you will need to log out of that account first (tap on the id in Settings > iTunes & App Stores).

Dec 22, 2014 3:25 AM in response to King_Penguin

I spent an hour or more trying to download the Facebook App to a new iPhone 5s. It's a FREE app, however before I install it, it asked to login to your Apple ID, which then take you through a lot of steps - (hard on a small phone to complete by the way).

As I attempted to do this, I believe the first time I saw the screen it MAY have had a 'Choose a payment option - NONE' choice, but I attempted to skip the option and also selected an option to verify the account via email. Then went to an email on my laptop to verify.

The phone then would not accept my login, because it wouldn't accept the fact that I didn't have a payment option completed.

When you go back to complete the payment option - THERE IS NO 'NONE' option anymore!

Please don't come back and say YES THERE IS ----- NO THERE IS NOT!

It is extremely, frustrating to users - Apple, this is NOT a pleasant user experience!

Is there a way to set this up with relative ease? I don't want to try again from the beginning with a different email address etc.

Apple, why? REALLY WHY?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 22, 2014 3:33 AM in response to CalebClark

For info we are fellow users here on these user-to-user forums, you're not talking to iTunes Support nor Apple.

If you follow, exactly, the instructions on the page that I linked to when creating an account then you will get the 'none' option, and not have to enter payment details. If you didn't follow those instructions, or didn't complete the steps, then you will need to enter payment details before the account can be used to download any item - you should be able to remove them after entering them.

If you don't have or don't want to enter payment details then you should be able to change the primary email address on the account that you've already created (e.g. by logging into it via http://appleid.apple.com, if you don't have another email address to put on it then create a one via http://gmail.com or http://hotmail.com) so that you can try using it on a new account, and follow the instructions when creating the account : Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method.

Jan 5, 2015 4:37 AM in response to mariapaulinelab

STEP 1:

Open iTunes from your computer. If you don't have iTunes installed you will proceed below mention steps.

STEP 2:

Make sure you are not signed in to any iTunes account.

Click on App Store

User uploaded file

STEP 3:
From the right column, scroll down to TOP FREE APPS and select any FREE app. This process will not work unless you choose a FREE app.

User uploaded file

STEP 4:

From the App you have selected, click on Free

User uploaded file

STEP 5:

A pop-up window will appear prompting you to sign-in, or create a new account

Click on Create Apple ID

User uploaded file

STEP 6:

Click Continue

User uploaded file

STEP 7:

Seen from the image below, click on "Country, click here" to change your iTunes country

User uploaded file

and select the country you wish to set your free iTunes account (e.g. United States, or UK account)

User uploaded file

STEP 8:

Fill in your credentials

User uploaded file

STEP 9:

i. Select None* for Payment Options

ii. Fill-in your billing address, use Google Map to help you generate a valid address

iii. After the billing information has been filled, click on Create Apple ID

User uploaded file

*If you do not see the None option, go back to Step 3, and select another free app to download

STEP 10:

Log in to your email account to active/verify your new free iTunes account, and done!

How can we create apple id without credit card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.