Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stuck on red battery charge screen not turning on

my iphone 5 which is 2 weeks old will not turn on its stuck on the red battery screen showing it has no battery but it has been charging for 8 hours, i have tried resetting it ect but it shouldnt even be on that screen, i was just restarting it after it had been charging for like 4 hours , it was on 100% when i turned it off and now it thinks it has no battery, any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 4:35 AM

8 replies

Mar 16, 2013 4:41 AM in response to aspx1337

Is this what you did when you say you tried to reset?

Press the Sleep/Wake button & Home button at the same time, keep pressing until you see the Apple logo, then release.

If so, and it didn't work, make an appointment at an Apple store or call AppleCare. You have a warranty & 90 days of free phone support...take advantage of it.

Mar 16, 2013 4:49 AM in response to wjosten

yeah i reset it that way but when it comes back that same battery screen comes back on with the lighning bolt, no apple logo. yesterday the battery monitor was being was being really wierd, i took it off charge and the percentage went down to 1% in 5 minutes and stood on 1% all day then when i went to charge it after it eventually turning it self off it cae back on at 100% again but it was obviously still charging as the plug was warm ect..

Apr 17, 2015 9:12 PM in response to aspx1337

Same problem but thankfully my Sleep/Wake button doesn't work all the time so I am pretty much stuck with a paper weight. I am so sick of never having my phone under warranty. I always buy my phones not through contract and always wonder why I keep going apple after horrible customer service. I don't have a apple store near me and since its never under warranty I can't send it in. Anyone know of a software way to reboot my phone if the sleep/wake button isn't working.

stuck on red battery charge screen not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.