Currently Being ModeratedMar 16, 2013 6:46 AM (in response to bowl77er)
If your iPod Touch has WiFi capability and if you are using and syncing with iCloud, you should be able to sync the contacts over the air.
You can also transfer the contacts to your computer via iTunes and then sync them to the iPad. This may help.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 16, 2013 11:27 AM (in response to Demo)
Thanks for reply. My Ipod and Ipad do have Wi-Fi capability but my Ipod does not use Icloud, whereas my Ipad does.
I would think that transferring my contacts to my computer via Itunes and then to my Ipad sounds good but I am at
a loss as to how to transfer my contacts from Ipod to computer? Thanks.......
Currently Being ModeratedMar 16, 2013 11:39 AM (in response to bowl77er)
That should happen when you sync the iPod with iTunes. Did your read the kb article from my first post?
To sync contacts with your computer, choose "Sync Contacts with" within iTunes for Windows, or "Sync Address Book Contacts" on your Mac.
You can sync your contacts with:
- Microsoft Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2007, Microsoft Outlook 2010 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7)
- Windows Address Book (Windows XP)
- Windows Contacts (Windows Vista / Windows 7)
- Address Book (Mac OS X)
- Microsoft Entourage 2004, Microsoft Entourage 2008, or Microsoft Outlook 2011 for MacNote: If using Microsoft Entourage, use Microsoft Entourage 2008 12.1.2 or later if syncing with Mac OS X v10.6 or later. If you would like to sync data on your Mac with Entourage, enable syncing between Entourage and Address Book.
iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6, 64GB WiFi
- When syncing contacts, you can choose to sync all of your contacts or only selected groups. The option to sync selected items may not show up until after the first sync.
- You can select a group of contacts to which all new contacts created on your iOS device will be added.
- Additional options for syncing include syncing your contacts with Yahoo or Gmail/Google Mail. You will need to configure it with the user name and password for your Yahoo or Google account.