Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

should i keep pictures in photo stream in aperture, or copy them in a different folder

I have photo stream turned on from ipad and iphone. All pics taken from these devices will appear in photo stream on my Imac aperture.

If i delete some pictures on my iphone, will it delete them from my photosteam on my Imac? Will I lose those pictures?

If i want to keep them forever on my Imac (since the storage is much bigger than iphone), do i have to copy those pictures to a different project or can i let them into photo stream project?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 8:19 AM

You will see the images in the Photo Stream View - My Photo Straem only for a month at most; then they may be removed from the stream. You need to import them into Aperture into a project to keep them permanently; just drag them to a project of your choice.

If you have enabled "Automatic Import" for "My PhotoStream", the import will be done automatically on a monthly basis. Aperture will copy the PhotoStream images to projects named by month and year, like "Dez 2012 Photo Stream".

User uploaded file

See: iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

or iCloud: Photo Stream troubleshooting

for more information.

Regards

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2013 8:19 AM in response to naniners

You will see the images in the Photo Stream View - My Photo Straem only for a month at most; then they may be removed from the stream. You need to import them into Aperture into a project to keep them permanently; just drag them to a project of your choice.

If you have enabled "Automatic Import" for "My PhotoStream", the import will be done automatically on a monthly basis. Aperture will copy the PhotoStream images to projects named by month and year, like "Dez 2012 Photo Stream".

User uploaded file

See: iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

or iCloud: Photo Stream troubleshooting

for more information.

Regards

Léonie

Mar 16, 2013 8:44 AM in response to naniners

thanks Leonie,

so into aperture, Web-photo stream... these will be there about a month, then dissapear. But since i clicked on Automatically import, the project created (Mar 2013 photo stream) is a copy of the pictures, permanently stored on aperture, unless i delete them manually. So deleting them from my device will not delete them from that aperture project, right?

Thanks

Mar 16, 2013 8:51 AM in response to naniners

But since i clicked on Automatically import, the project created (Mar 2013 photo stream) is a copy of the pictures, permanently stored on aperture, unless i delete them manually.

Yes, these projects will stay, until you delete them from Aperture.

So deleting them from my device will not delete them from that aperture project, right?

No, they will only vanish from your device.

Regards

Léonie

should i keep pictures in photo stream in aperture, or copy them in a different folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.